Stormwater runoff is a much greater contributor to the 50 trillion tons of microplastic that lies at the bottom of our oceans than most people realise.
And tragically, every 15 seconds, another 3 metric tons of plastic pollution is added to this burden, mainly carried by stormwater.
Your consumer choices and actions make a SIGNIFICANT difference to the health of our life-sustaining oceans and for all lifeforms that share our planet.
Your donation will help us take strategic action:
- Fund pollution research projects
- Purchase water-ways clean-up equipment
- Deliver education presentations to high schools
- Share community awareness programs
- Advocate for community change and better-managed stormwater.
You can also help spread the word:
- About 50 trillion tons of microplastic lie at the bottom of our oceans
- Every square km of ocean has about 23,000 pieces of plastic litter
- Every year around 8.3 million tonnes of plastic pollution ends up in our oceans
- Over 100 thousand marine animals and 1 million sea birds die each year from ingesting plastic or entanglement
- 80% of plastic pollution is from the land, most of it is conveyed by stormwater